Drupal Modules: The What, When, Where, Why, and especially How
This is a practical session covering module basics. Learn what modules are, when to use contributed modules, where to find them, why choose one over another, and —step-by-step— how to install and uninstall modules in both Drupal 6 and 7.
Questions answered by this session:
- What are modules?
- When should I use contributed modules?
- Where can I find contributed modules?
- Why should I choose one module over another?
- How do I install modules (step-by-step)?
- How do I uninstall modules (step-by-step)?
This session will be useful to site builders who have sufficient server access to install modules. (In a Stanford context, this would include those building sites in AFS or a local server, but not those hosted on sites.stanford.edu)