Modules 101: Introduction, installing/enabling, and removing, or, the what, when, where, why, and especially how
This is a practical introduction to Drupal modules. Learn the basics of what modules are, when to use contributed modules, where to find them, why choose one over another, and — step-by-step— how to install or enable and uninstall modules in both Drupal 6 and 7. (There is more to it than just the checkboxes on the modules page!)
Questions answered by this session:
- What are modules?
- When should I use contributed modules?
- Where can I find contributed modules?
- Why should I choose one module over another?
- How do I install or enable modules (step-by-step)?
- How do I uninstall or disable modules (step-by-step)?
This session will be useful to site builders and administrators who have at least sufficient Drupal permissions to enable modules, including those using sites.stanford.edu.